It’s no secret that I’m pretty addicted to meditating. Actually, I guess I’m more addicted to it’s benefits. And I’m so excited about those benefits, that I want everyone in my world to meditate, too.
However, there are some common roadblocks that seem to keep people from actually starting a meditation practice.
- It sounds a little bit silly. (This is probably why I kept my love of mediating to myself for so many years.)
- Just like anything else worth doing, it ain’t easy.
- It can be difficult to even know where to start.
And here are my suggestions to help move past these road blocks:
- Get over it. The benefits are so great that it’s totally worth other people thinking you’re a crunchy, granola, hippie weirdo. Whatever.
- Just begin and keep practicing. It won’t get easier until you actually start dong it on a regular basis. But once you get going, it’s pretty easy to pick up steam.
- Read below for three tips to help you get started.